Harmandir Sahib Langar Sewadar accidentally falls in boiling vessal

26733
Golden Temple langar-sewadar

AMRITSAR SAHIB – A Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) langar sewadar accidentally fell into container full of boiling water in the kitchen of the Guru Ram Das Langar Hall at Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple) on Monday.

The victim,  Charanjit Singh, 50, of Chattiwind locality working as langari (cook) in the kitchen, received 70 percent burn injuries. While stirring ‘kheer’ on a furnace, Charanjit observed some impure particles of sugar on the surface. When he tried to take out the particles, he lost his balance and fell in the big vessal (karaha).

SGPC staff and devotees in the vicinity pulled him out of the container immediately but he was scalded and suffered 70% burns.

He was rushed to the SGPC-run Guru Ram Das Charitable Hospital.

“Charanjit’s condition is said to be critical. He is in the Intensive Care Unit. The next 24 hours are critical for him as there are chances of infection. We are making efforts to provide him the best treatment. Kirpal Singh Badungar, SGPC president, has announced free treatment for him,” said Sulakhan Singh, Manager, Darbar Sahib.

SHARE