STUCK for things to do during the school holidays? NOT even a cold and bleak day could keep Melbourne school students from swinging into their holidays with plenty of activities on offer. Here are some places you can go to break the boredom.
Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
With Melbourne’s vibrant culture, towering cityscape and lush gardens, locals and tourists alike are bound to have a wheely good time. Keep the good times rolling with today’s Groupon for Melbourne Star Observation Wheel, Docklands:
CLICK TO BUY: $18 for a child pass (total value up to $21)
CLICK TO BUY: $30 for an adult pass (total value up to $35)
Melbourne River Cruises
Melbourne River Cruises have been cruising the waterways of Melbourne for over 30 years. Departing from the Arts Precinct, the company’s fleet of seven boats offers locals and visitors alike a unique perspective on life along the Yarra. Cruises operate seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- 27 to 30 December
- 1 – 2 January
- 6 – 8 January
- 15 January
- 22 January
- Lasts from 6.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.
- On-board bar with background music
- See attractions such as Melbourne’s ports and docklands, Botanical Gardens, Melbourne Park and Herring Island
Archery Lessons at Arrow Plus
Arrow Plus is an indoor archery practice range aimed at promoting archery for all ages. Clubs and classes at the centre range from those for children aged 8 and up, to advanced, senior type lessons alongside enrolments and taster lessons for all. Arrow Plus also offer a variety of settings for archery including a safari and indoor range. Open six days a week with late nights on Thursday and Friday, users can decide to play and pay by the hour or opt for a longer term pass.
- Suitable for all abilities – no experience necessary
- Fun for young and old – classes valid for ages 8+
- Designed to improve concentration, patience and accuracy
- All equipment provided during lesson